Saturday, June 2, 2007

I’m already getting better at milking. Cory is way faster than me at stripping, but I started to really get the hang of that today. Yesterday he could strip and wipe his 6 cows in the time it took me to strip my 6. Today, he was finishing his 6 as I was starting to attach the milkers; he would go to the other end of my 6 and we’d each attach 3. Watching Cory, I realized he held the bottom of the milker in his left hand and reached outside the cow’s hind legs at least to attach the first milker. If she’s kicking or dancing around it’s hard, but otherwise that technique works pretty well. Cory seems to do everything without looking, which I guess is what happens when you milk 272 cows by yourself 6 days a week for 6 months.


When I got back I took some pictures of our little campus:

Miner Center, where the computer lab and cafeteria are, as well as all the research labs.
My bed and bookshelf.

Our back window, with my and my roommate's plants (the camera was sitting on top of the bookshelf)
Kitchenette
Outside the dorms

Same window later on

1 comment:

Lauram1010 said...

not a bad living arrangement! so you work weekends too? and where you live is on the farm?