Sunday, July 22, 2007

Today was the last day of the fair. We had an easy morning because we didn’t have to wash the animals as carefully since they weren’t going in the show ring. We had to use this stuff called Hocus Pocus to get the Prime Time adhesive out of their toplines. All for vanity! as Steve would say. I spent most of the morning reading my book, and most of the afternoon, too. I walked around with Anna and got fresh-squeezed lemonade, one of my requisite fair foods. Around 2 o’clock, Adrianna (Steve’s daughter) came to get us to take the animals to the trailer. They all seemed very happy to be heading home, and Cricket hopped right into the trailer as if she was born to do the county fair circuit. I held down the fort while Blake and Steven took them home and nearly finished my book. Blake and Katy and Kristy met Steve and I at the garage to unload all the show equipment, and then Blake and I went back to watch the demolition derby. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, but it was pretty amusing. You could easily see how a bunch of guys were sitting around and one said, “Hey, let’s find some old cars and crash them into each other!”

Corn update: tassles!

No comments: