Sunday, June 3, 2007

Last night for dinner we went to this place called the Country Corner. It was this teeny tiny “diner” about 10 minutes away (make a right at the first stop sign and it’s on the left at the next stop sign). We walked in and there was a counter with stools and one table with 2 chairs. There were 2 women working, one of whom was Chad’s mom. (Chad is another boy who works at the dairy.) So we all sat down at the counter. By the way, everything was purple. The counter was purple, the stools were purple, the menus were purple, the wallpaper had purple flowers. I can’t remember if the floor was purple. The cups the coleslaw came in were purple. It was funny. The food was good and we all cleaned our plates. Across from where I was sitting was a big fridge with a clear glass door and inside were pies. There was brownie peanut butter cup pie, éclair pie, rhubarb pie, 3-berry pie, blackberry pie, peanut butter pie, snicker doodle cheesecake, cherry cheesecake, banana split pie, banana walnut pie, chocolate pie, pumpkin pie, and custard pie. Whew. So that’s what I stared at the whole time I was eating dinner. Almost everyone got a different slice. I got banana split, even though it had pineapple chunks on top. It also had cherries and strawberries. The filling was banana pudding with slices of banana and the topping (under the pineapple) was whipped cream. Delicious!

I had milking again today but there's not much else to say about that. I took these pictures on my way there.

These are some hungry heifers.The calving pen. There will probably be a new calf by tomorrow morning.
Caught her in the middle of chewing her cud, aka ruminating if you want to be scientific.

2 comments:

David D said...

I was sure you were going to say, "...just like in 'Waitress".

Tonie said...

Haha-I did tell everyone about the movie!