Saturday, July 7, 2007

Roxanne and I went to Montreal today. We chose a few sights to see, bought the all-day tourist card for the metro, and had a great time. We ended up mostly looking at churches, St. Joseph’s Oratory in Mount Royal park and Mary Queen of the World Cathedral in downtown. Another church we tried to see, the Notre Dame Cathedral, was closed because someone was getting married there.
But both of the ones we saw were beautiful. St. Joseph's stands very impressively at the top of a huge hill. The interior was surprisingly modern.

MQW was modeled after St. Peter’s in the Vatican City.

I guess we were tired when we made it to the historic district because we didn’t walk around much there. I enjoyed figuring the whole trip out by myself and being able to read French and find our way around.

This was just a very fancy hotel that I thought looked cool.


No comments: